Monday, January 14, 2008

Even a blind chicken finds a kernel of corn every once in a while.

Translated, that means, if you take enough walks at sunset and snap enough photos, eventually you will get lucky. I took this photo this evening at Windansea beach in La Jolla:


No, it's not just a nice sunset. I mean really lucky. Look at this closeup of the left center of the image:


That dolphin jumped only once that I saw. I just happened to press the shutter at the right time.

If only I'd been using a real lens. The little 4X zoom lens on my Canon A630 is really at the edge of its range here.

5 comments:

Neil Mitchell said...

The pictures don't seem to be being displayed...

KG2V said...

Nice picture Cliff, I'll make sure to poke Mary later today to show her.

We've been bad about the cheese - would it still be good?

Charlie

Unknown said...

The image is located at the address below for those that can't see it:
http://docs.google.com/File?id=dcqvq83w_19f2k486gs

Anonymous said...

You know, with a little photoshop magic... this could become an amazing picture.

Anonymous said...

Just right click on the little frame and click "view image".